CARPENTRY COURSE (CABINET MAKING AND FINISHING COMPONENTS)
A carpenter construct, erect, install, and repair structures and fixtures made from wood and other materials. Carpenters are involved in many different kinds of construction activities. Being a carpenter is physically demanding and the skill is also in demand, an average qualified carpenter with 1-year experience is earning about R 165.00/hour (Self -employed) and R 60.00/hour (when employed by other company).
Who is this course for?
Students who are able to apply their skills within the parameters of the legislative framework regulating the carpentry trade and formal recognition at this level it is beneficial to learners, the industry and society in the order of sustainable employment and students should be able to perform duties by manufacturing and installing cupboards, counters, chest of drawer, staircases and mouldings from wood and wood composites.
A person credited with this course will be able to:
- Set out and mark off materials for machining purposes working from drawings, setting out rods and cutting lists.
- Set up and operate machines and machine wooden components.
- Create and use templates and jigs, develop and sharpen moulding cutters.
- Assemble machined components and manufacture a range of products made from wood.
- Set out and manufacture a range of wooden moulds.
- Install and fix locks, hinges, runners, cabin hooks, barrel bolts, catches and clips.
- Construct and utilize solid timbers, ply-woods, compressed boards, super-wood etc.
Business Skills inclusive in this course:
- Developing Entrepreneurial Skills
- Possible Business Opportunities
- Legal Compliance
- Marketing your business
- Business plan
Duration: The course will be completed in 8 Weeks, 5 days a week, 5 notional hours per class. Our curriculum consists of 30% theory and 70% practical training.
When: Refer to the office for part-time and RPL schedule
(012) 001 6394
082 506 4603