Plumbers install sanitary fixtures and repair water supply lines, waste disposal systems, and related appliances and fixtures to keep homes and businesses flowing smoothly. Being a plumber is physically demanding and the skill is also in demand, an average qualified plumber with 1-year experience is earning about R 180.00/hour (Self -employed) and R 65.00/hour (employed).
Who is this course for?
Students who are able to apply their skills within the parameters of the legislative framework regulating the plumbing trade and formal recognition at this level is beneficial to learners, the industry and society in the order of sustainable employment, increased productivity levels and the health and safety of communities.
A person credited with this course will be able to:
- Locate and clear blockages.
- Install domestic treatment plants.
- Install stormwater and sub-soil drainage systems.
- Drain worksite.
- Install pre-fabricated inspection openings and enclosures.
- Plan the layout for a residential sanitary drainage system.
- Install below ground sanitary drainage systems.
- Install on-site disposal systems.
- Install trench support.
- Geyser Installation (Hot and Cold-Water supply)
Business Skills inclusive in this course:
- Developing Entrepreneurial Skills
- Possible Business Opportunities
- Legal Compliance
- Marketing your business
- Business plan
Duration: The course will be completed in 8 Weeks, 5 days a week, 5 notional hours per class. Our curriculum consists of 30% theory and 70% practical training. When: Refer to the office for part-time and RPL schedule
(012) 001 6394
082 506 4603